1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western plow slow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 1993dodge, Jan 21, 2005.

1. 1993dodge

1993dodge Junior Member

I have a 1993 dodge with a western unimount and it raises up slow but the thing is that when you try to raise it it will come up slow if at all but it you push the up stick again it will raise the second with no problem it looks like the fluid level is fine any thoughts thank you

2. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Sounds like you may have something clogging the pickup screen in the bottom of the pump. I had a similar problem with my Fisher 8' SHEP pump. I installed it and raised it up and the pump was making a horrible noise and it was lifting very slow. I first checked the level on my pump and saw it was not visible when I took the plug out. I ended up changing the fluid out of everything and it only took me 30 mins and it works awesome now.

3. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

or it can be the electric motor on the pump ,after so many years the brushes get worn out. if the plow angles ok but has a hard time going up , if the motor is that old replace it anyway if you depend on it.