1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Plow Slow To Angle Left

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by lawninc, Dec 19, 2013.

1. lawninc

lawninc Junior Member

I just bought an older truck with an old style plow. Its an old cable frame and blade that was converted to electric/hydro pump and controller. Anyways when I bought the truck on Monday the plow worked fine. I pulled it in the shop and went to move it today and the plow will go up, down and right fine. Left is very slow. Any ideas?

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

I'd think it would probably be cable adjustment. the conventional cable mechanics guide on westernplows.com would explain what to look for.

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I am confused, you say it has been converted to a newer electrically controlled flow-stat or something right? No cables any more.... That means no cable adjustment.... c'mon nealybird, your slipping... If I understand correctly you should have a flow-stat or isarmatic hydro unit now. These two units have different valving so we need to know what it actually is. If it has the lift cylinder integrated into the hydro unit it is an Isarmatic. if the lift cylinder is not integrated it is a flow stat.

Either way it sounds like a valve problem. Try removing the three valves and blow them out with compressed air. Use a 9V battery on the coils while they are out to see if they click nicely. If they are jammed up they will not click.

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

Oopsie! lol yep Mishnick dude, I am getting sloppy I reckon! :b

5. lawninc

lawninc Junior Member

Thanks for the replies! I found that I had water in my fluid. One of the packing nuts was leaking. Got it all figured out! Thanks
    Its was an Isarmatic.