1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western plow shuttering angling left.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ducaticorse, Feb 7, 2013.

1. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

It's smooth up and to the right, but shutters pretty hard when angling to the left. I feel as though it may be a bad controller.

Any thoughts?
  2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Start with the controller See if find somebody has same Controller See if try it Then look at coil pack or the values

What model of plow do you have To get good help need more INFO
  3. ducaticorse

from we

Western suburbanite
  4. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

check plugs at the grill. thats the first thing i mess with on my unimount when its acting up, and it usually cures whatever the problem is - no experience with suburbanites though..... unplug, replug, shake the connector. same goes for the plug at the controller in the cab.
  5. LON

LON Senior Member

pilot operated check valve is worn or out of place. That is the most common cause of that.
  6. ducaticorse

from we

Where is that located?
  7. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

I think he meant poppet (not pilot) check valve. There are two, one on the top and one on the front of valve housing. They have allen screws. Do not confuse them with the cushion valves which have slotted screws.
  8. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Plow could also be sticking/popping.
  9. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

Go to western dealer. There is a TSB for that issue. It's an $8 adaptor. Fixing mine at the end if the season. 07 & later factory pumps.