1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western plow setup

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ironduke, Oct 28, 2011.

1. ironduke

ironduke Junior Member
    from CT

Anyone know if a western plow setup from a 90 f250 will fit an 88 f350 mason dump without changing push plates, basically bolt on??:

2. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

It should. As far as I know the body and frame are still the same in those years.

3. White Gardens

It should. As far as I know the body and frame are still the same in those years.

I'm just hoping your 88 isn't the 7.3 idi diesel.

4. ironduke

ironduke Junior Member
    from CT

It's got a 460 Jasper motor in her

5. White Gardens

Your still a little short of my 496. :salute::laughing:

Not trying to rain on your parade either, but I've heard both the good and the super downright ugly of a Jasper motor.

The 7.3 is a dinosaur of a diesel. Though they were fairly reliable, they have their own host of problems and are expensive to fix for what it was.

My old 87 ford had a 6.9 (same block as the 7.3 idi, the 7.3 was just bored bigger). I ended up spinning some bearings and bending push rods a couple of seasons ago. Luckily the winter was right at the end.

6. ironduke

ironduke Junior Member
    from CT

fisher plow

how about a fisher 8ft plow setup from an 89 f250 to an 88 f350? different push plates?? thank you!

7. White Gardens

Still should be the same I do believe. I think the chang-over year was 86-87. They changed the body style and the frame as far as I know.

87 to the 90's should all still be the same until the major body change happened. The only difference between F-150.250,350 was simple changes such as different front axles, different drivetrains, suspension and frame gussets and brackets to change the GVWR.

But, for some reason in the 90's I think there were some minor frame changes in the front before the next major body change.