1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Plow repair question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by natimp, Nov 1, 2008.

1. natimp

natimp Junior Member

I have an older 8' 6" western plow. I purchased this plow in 94'. I just hooked it up to the truck and at 1st I did have movement but now I have nothing. I do have a ticking in my truck that looks like a solenoid but it isnt the solenoid for the truck.. To give an idea what I mean is: the piece that is between the inside switch wire and the wire that goes to the solenoid of the truck. That part is ticking. Is that my problem or is the motor on the plow. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

if the solenoid is clicking make sure you have power on both side with the switch actvated. then check and make sure you have power and ground at the motorIf that is good take a battery charger hat touch the posts on the motor and see if it does anything, if not there is your problem if it spins then you will need to check a few other things but do this first.