1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Plow Recondition

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jlouki01, Sep 30, 2009.

1. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

I bought a dump truck earlier this year and it had a really rough Western plow in the bed. The truck was mint but the plow hadn't faired so well. I snapped a couple photos and will post the finished product. I dropped it off to Hy-Blast in Middletown, Ohio this morning and they had it turned around by 4pm. It's now sitting at a body shop up the rd. getting painted.

Dissassembly 1 busted nuckle and 1 can of Fluid Film
    Blasting 80.00
    Paint 100.00
    Misc. bolts and Stickers from Central Parts 75.00 ( crap i broke taking it apart ) Have a breaker bar handy. My air tools had no chance at breaking most all of the bolts.

I noticed some guys on here are using the Rustoleum paint. I figured for 100.00 i'm getting one coat of etch primer and one coat of poly primer and a few coats of red? No sense trying to do it myself. I had my fill doing the dump bed over winter with painting.

Paint should be done tomorrow according to Hamilton's Body Shop.

IMG00458_before.jpg

IMG00459_before.jpg

IMG00461_before.jpg

IMG00465_before.jpg

IMG00466_after.jpg

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  2. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

Body shop pic.

IMG00467_after.jpg

3. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

A few minutes after posting my initial thread the body shop called said they were working late and my plow will be done in the am. He mentioned it was primed and painted he was waiting on clear. Don't think I didn't high tale it down there at 9pm to check it out:)

This could turn into a 24 hour job.. reconsidering all the DIY stuff I get myself into now.
    It would have been mid november before I got it to this point.

IMG00469_red.jpg

4. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

Looks good :D. Not sure if you have a sticker kit on order? If not, e-mail western (well you fill out the forum and they will e-mail you from there) I did this and have stickers for my MVP Plus and Pro Plus coming for free. Worth a try!

5. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

It's good advertisement I could see them sending them out. However I already ordered mine from CPW... bah..

6. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

It's good advertisement I could see them sending them out. However I already ordered mine from CPW... bah..

Also the final tally on the paint was 225.00. Price went up because I wanted it color matched to my trucks which happens to be GM Victory Red.

7. Shaw

Shaw Member

I didn't know they did that, by any chance I can get a link for that

8. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, can't wait to see it done.

9. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

The paint is complete i will post a picture after we unload it from the dump truck.

10. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

Fill the forum out and they will e-mail you back...
    http://westernplows.com/contact.asp

11. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member