1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WESTERN plow questions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KenP, Nov 2, 2003.

1. KenP

KenP Senior Member

I'm in the process of switching three of my four trucks to 8 1/2 WESTERN Ultra MVP's (one already has a Uni mount MVP on it). I'm doing this to stream line the fleet and have back up plows and parts available to me. I've been told it won't be that easy to move the plows between trucks any thoughts on this? My first thought was I'd just have to make an adjustment on the chain height?

My other question and more important one is I have a 01/02 Ultra mount 7 1/2 str8 blade that I was planning to use as my spare plow with a pig tail for the controller, so it could be used with the MVP wiring, but I'm being told it may not be possible and that I'd have to buy new lights for plow. I need some solid/factual answers. Lets hear it boys!:dizzy:

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

The MVP wiring on to be in all the trucks. Once you have that, you can use the round plug to 6 pin square adapto and either the joystick or reg cab commander controller. The lights will plug in fine.
    Dino

3. EZSnow

EZSnow Senior Member

careful, though!!! The new Isolation Module harness has three plugs: power, lights, controller It WILL NOT work on a plow with the older nine-pin/ two-pin setup. I had the option on my pro-plus.

4. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Lets see some picts of that new dodge.:D

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If you let me know what type of harness you are running on your trucks i should be able to figure it out for you with out the dealer trying to sell you a bunch of parts. It may just come down to using the headlights off the unimounts.