1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Plow Problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by slad, Jan 5, 2015.

1. slad

slad Junior Member

When I plug in main power plug, plow lights go out, unplug and plow lights work. Test light lights up on black at main plug, not on red.

No power at controller, I assume controller isn't recognizing plow hooked up. Test light lights up on 5 of 6 wires at 6 pin controller plug except red/yellow.

Iso module clicks like searching for plow hookup. Any suggestion appreciated.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What plow model is this?
    New install or existing?

3. slad

slad Junior Member

Ultramount
    Existing (8 years), but first hook up this season after needing new transmission in this truck

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  4. dieselss

Unimount. You said Iso module.....unimounts don't have them. Did you install it? How many plugs at the grill?

5. slad

slad Junior Member

Mistyped, since edited, ultramount. 3 plugs. 2 for lights and main power.

Test light lights on solenoid from battery side, not on solenoid out to main plug side.

6. dieselss

Ok..You said about ground being hot?
    Double Ck the main batt lugs for the plow make sure there set up right
    Also you should have a small wire off the positive post to the small terminal on the solenoid. And don't forget your fuses 4..

7. Marlon

Marlon Junior Member

Black main wire hot? I wonder if the transmission mechanic hooked it up incorrectly. I would assume they disconnected the battery beforehand.

8. slad

slad Junior Member

Red wires are all on positive side of battery. Black wires are all on negative side. Seems hooked up correctly. Something I'm missing?

9. slad

slad Junior Member

Everything looks good. Think solenoid is bad?

10. dieselss

Test light lights up on black at main plug, not on red.

That's what I'm confused about