1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western plow- power to pump continues to run

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by sasklandscaper, Jan 20, 2014.

1. sasklandscaper

sasklandscaper Junior Member

I need some advice!!! I have an 8 ft western snow plow. Has worked great, but the problem is the plow will lift, raise , turn to the right and left normally but the power continues to the pump and won't stop unless I unplug it or turn the truck off. Any ideas what it could be? Thanks
  2. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

A few thing's may cause this a solenoid stuck or a shorted controller I had this happen to me once mine was a extension that. I had under my carpet it got shorted out hope this helps
  3. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

solenoid stuck would be my first guess
  4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

If turning the key off stops the motor from running, then it's likely a controller or control harness issue. Disconnect the two smaller gauge wires from the motor relay. If that stops the issue, then you've got a controller or harness problem. If it continues to run with the small wires disconnected, then it has to be a bad motor relay.
  5. sasklandscaper

sasklandscaper Junior Member

your right. i changed out the selenoid, not that, i then discovered it was a faulty handheld contoller. the controller
    was bought new less than 2 months ago and its faulty. had to buy another one and now wait for warranty coverage. the original controller was at least 8 - 10 yrs old and had no problems until it pooched. Thanks for everyones advice, greatly appreciated!!!!