1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western plow no turn or park lights

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Kcon1661, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Kcon1661

Kcon1661 Junior Member

I have a 2006 F250 with a Ultramount Plow, with a 4 port isolation module. The headlights come on the truck but the parking and signal lights do not on the plow. The purple wire on port 4 has power and the brown and purple on Port 3 have power. Port 2 ,red and brown, have no power. I can hear the ISO module clicking when the turn signal is on. 15amp, Fuse is good. Ground on plow is clean the ISO module was tested with a new one and problem still exists. Appreciate any suggestions.

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

There are 2 fuses, the other is 7.5 amp. The 7.5 is for the park/turn. I had the same problem with my Fisher and it was the fuse.

3. Kcon1661

Kcon1661 Junior Member

I neglected to include that I tested both fuses and have power on both sides of each fuse.
    Its been along day I meant to say that the headlights are working on the plow. the turning and parking lights don't work.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

If the fuse is good, I would check where the wires are spliced for the park/turn. Should be two on the driver side and one on passenger side.

5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If you have power for sure on those two fuses then check the pins on ports one and two of the isolation module, make sure they not corroded away or bent. Port one sends signal and park power into the module and port two sends it out to the plow lamp assemblies. You might try putting a test light on the park / signal hot sides right inside the plow lights but ground you test light to the truck. If the test light fires up you have a bad ground return on for the park / turns but if it does not then there is no power being sent to them. If you hear the relays clicking when you are signaling then I expect your tie ins are good but you can check that by pulling the plug from the isolation module port one and probe it with a test light. Turn your park lights on and your four way flashers. If you get one hot wire and two flashing wires then your tie ins are good. I am thinking you could have a bad ground return from the headlamps. There are two grounds on some systems, one for headlamp bulbs and another for the park / turn. One is black / orange (park turn) and the other is blue orange (headlamps). Depending on the age of the plow there may be a black / org wire going to the negative terminal of the motor from the headlamps. If you have this make sure there is continuity from the common pin of the park turn lamp to this point.