1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western plow no pressure

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by omiimiish, Dec 9, 2010.

1. omiimiish

omiimiish Junior Member

My plow suddenly lost all pressure no up and no left right. the Motor turns, and I assume the pump as well. It was a little low on fluid, but when topped off it was the same conditions. No fluid seems to be leaking any where.

ANy clues?

thanks,
    dave

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Which plow do you have?

Check your connections on the side of the plow's pump assembly. Check the Grill connections, and the the controller.

3. omiimiish

omiimiish Junior Member

I have the western Mark IIa Series B

The pump/motor runs with the controller. The pump is not producing pressure (it seems)

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

Check the wires on the valves, and make sure you have a good fitting connection at the grill first.

5. omiimiish

omiimiish Junior Member

Thanks for your help.

The pump is run by cables. I am not following you when it comes to the grill connections and wires on the valves.

?? Hope that helps to clarify

dave

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

oehwwwww, ok. I'm a Fisher guy, so Western terminology occasionally throws me off.

Have you removed the cover plates from the 3&4 way valves yet? Have someone operate the plow while you visually inspect the movement. If nothing moves, then remove the cables and move them manually....anything?

7. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  8. omiimiish

omiimiish Junior Member

thanks for your help it was the filter clogged with ice and thanks for the pdf.

Very helpful!
    dave

9. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

No problem..Safe plowing