1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western plow mounts

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by polarisfctyrcr1, Aug 9, 2009.

1. polarisfctyrcr1

polarisfctyrcr1 Junior Member
    from U.S.A.

As of now i have unimount brackets to fit a 94-02 dodge half ton how hard would it be to modify the brackets to fit an 08 dodge half ton? thanks

2. polarisfctyrcr1

from U.S.A.

does anyone know?

3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

If you are good at fabricating then try it. I know that the frames have changed alot. Start by measuring the width of the 08 compared to the width of the mount. Or sell the unimount and buy the Ultramount bracket for your truck and the conversion bracket.

4. polarisfctyrcr1

from U.S.A.

so if u were to buy the mount for the ultramount style theres a conversion kit to convert that mount back to a unimount?

5. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

There is a conversion bracket that hooks up to the ultramount bracket that allows you to hook up a unimount plow. The only draw back is that the conversion bracket puts the plow out a little farther. You should be able to view it on the Western website. Any thing else I can help you with?

6. polarisfctyrcr1

from U.S.A.

no not that i know of. do you know about how much that will run price wise?

7. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

The Ultramount for your truck should be about 440.00 the conversion bracket should be around 200.00. Shop maround or look for it used. You need the ultra for a 08 1/2 ton ram?

8. polarisfctyrcr1

from U.S.A.

ya, im assuming theres no such thing as a unimount bracket for a 08 dodge? and i cant find these thing anywhere on the internet. not even western web

9. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yes that is not available.

10. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

11. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

12. sonicblue2003

sonicblue2003 Senior Member

I'm looking for a mount for a 1994 dodge 2500 to mount my 2003 unimount mvp.
    What would be the cost for this? From what I can find its P# 62035 model 985.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  13. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Going to have to buy the 62035 used, they no longer make that new.

14. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Sent you a pm.