1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western plow mounts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by thunderwolf, Dec 24, 2008.

1. thunderwolf

thunderwolf Junior Member

I just bought an older western plow with 88 blazer mounted to it, the blazer gave up rev, I also have a 1992 chev, I can buy a mount for 2004 chev, will it fit or can I make it fit my '92 chev?
    Thanks, covered in snow with no working plow!!!!!

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Should bolt right up to the 92.

3. thunderwolf

Thanks, crash, another question please, will the plow attach to the frame the same way (mine has pins I gotta get on my knees to put in) or if not, are there adapter kits?

4. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

is this a conventional mount?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  5. Crash935

Confused as to why you think it would be different.

Im assuming that this is a conventional and that you want to take the plow and mount off the 88 and put it on the 92. This would be a straight swap. There is no conventional mount for the 04. You would have to buy a complete used uni-mount or new/used ultra to fit the 04.

6. thunderwolf

The 88 is old body style (78-87) so frame is different from '92. I take it that conventional means pin type mounting? Sorry for dumb questions, I know nothing about plows, just trying to get one going to plow my very long driveway. What year did Western change from conv. mounting? Thanks for all the info.

7. Sml1063

Sml1063 Junior Member

Transfering Mounting brackets

Hello, I have a 91 bronco with a western conventional plow old style ( 2 pins mount) and I want to transfer to a 99 Ford 250 super duty. I'm no sure if I going to need new mounting brackets.
    thanks.

8. mr.muddmotors

mr.muddmotors Junior Member

sml1063, the frames are definitely different between the two trucks. consult with your western dealer to see what is required.

9. Sml1063

Sml1063 Junior Member

Thanks

Yes, I realize that. I can't fine anywhere does brackets the company (WESTERN) don't make then anymore.

10. Crash935

there is a differance in the mount between the really old classic and the old classic
    GMs. It is doable but will take some cutting and welding.

11. Crash935

You wont even find them used in a conventional for the 99 ford because they never made any. Better off looking for something in a newer style mount (uni or ultra in western).