1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Plow Mounting

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ford250truckman, Oct 20, 2005.

1. ford250truckman

ford250truckman Junior Member

Hi, how are you?
    I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not I could install a Western 6' 6" Plow on my 97 F-250 HD

The plow will fit 80-96 F-150/ Bronco

Do I just need a mount for my truck? If I do where can I get them from other than e-bay?

2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

A 6'6" blade is pretty small for a F250...But if you really want to put it on your truck find a local dealer for that brand of plow and they should be able to hook you up with the correct mount... now that I think of it, you might have to have something made up since a 6'6 blade typically does not go on a truck that big.
  3. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Did you mean 7 foot 6 inches?????

Most any Western standard or Pro plow can mount or fit on an F250 HD with the proper push plate (frame mount) and wiring harness. You can use the quick match system on the Western Plows web site to see the different mount #'s for each of the years trucks....

If you do already have a 6 1/2 foot blade and all the pieces then you have a standard duty plow and can easily change it by just swapping blades to a 7 1/2 foot standard duty blade cause 6 1/2 is too small for your truck. Nothing larger is made for the standard series which is what a 6 1/2 foot plow would be.

Good Luck!
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2005