1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western plow mounting on ford f250

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bburacze, Dec 3, 2012.

1. bburacze

bburacze Junior Member

I have a 1989 ford f250./ I got a free western plow year unknown. is there a certain mounting brackets that i would need?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yea,,,,,,,what kinda western plow? There's 3 main types. Conventional,,unimount,,ultramount.
  3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

the 1980 - 1991 F250 and F350 shared the same front frame. so you would want a truck side bracket from that year/model truck. bronco and F150 are different.

also note that the diesel had a larger radiator which required different brackets. if you have a gas truck, it won't matter as either gas or diesel brackets will work. but if you have a diesel truck, you'd need the diesel mount.

give us all the info you have on the truck and the plow. pictures would also help.