1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western plow mount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by prostreet, May 9, 2008.

1. prostreet

prostreet Junior Member

new to this site and would like to know if a plow mount from a 89 suburban will work on a 92 k1500 pickup,it is a western plow 7 6" blade. thanks for any help

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Which body style is the Sub prostreet? I'm sure your aware both the old and newer style body's were available in '89.

If the '89 Sub is the same body style as the '92 (newer style) then yes it will fit. If it's still the old body then it won't even be close.

And welcome to PS. :salute:

3. prostreet

prostreet Junior Member

thanks for the reply not sure about which body style the guy just said it was off of a 89 sub,but for 300.00 for everything i could probably find a mount for my truck if i have to,and thanks for the welcome

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Happy to help...

If you can post a good pic of the mount I can tell you which body style it's for.

5. prostreet

prostreet Junior Member

i will be picking it up tomorrow and will take some pics and post them thanks

6. prostreet

prostreet Junior Member

b&b here are a few pics he sent me not sure how good they are just click on them to enlarge
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Got any closer or bigger pics pro? Can't make a definite call by the pics you posted. I don't think it's for the 88-up newer body style but can't be 100% sure by those pics.

8. prostreet

prostreet Junior Member

b&b finally got home with the plow and this mount is not even close it looks like it goes half way down the truck frame and i dont know much about plows but i know this wont fit but i bought it anyway for the rest of it is in good shape pump, bladejoystick i geuss i will just have to look for the right mount and go from there but i appreciate your help and i did get it for 50.00 less so i only have 250.00 in it right now thanks