1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Plow models for Toyota Tundra

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Weenuk, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

Hello, I have a 2005 Toyota Tundra with the Suburbanite. What other models can I legally use on this truck? If I purchase a newer Tundra like 2010, what models of Western blows can this newer Tundra use?? Thank you

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

As far as your 2005 Tundra gos, the Suburbanite is the biggest Western plow you can put on it. If you bought a second gen. Tundra (2007 and newer) you could put a 7.5' Western Mid Wight on it. You could probably put a bigger plow than that on it but, some dealers won't put any thing bigger than a Mid Weight on a Tundra.

3. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

Thanx for the reply. Which model and make do you use on your Tundra?

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 7.5' Fisher SD on the Tundra. I wish I had a 7.5' Fisher HD on it though. I know the truck could handle it and the extra weight of the plow would make it scrape better.

5. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

mercer me

Had installed the Rancho 9000s Quick lift with MYRide suspension. This enables me to lock out the front shocks to stop the front end sag of the weight of a plow. This sure helped from tire rub when turning. Also works great during the summer when offroading..

6. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

2010 Tundra with a Western Midweight. I beefed up the front end, but it handles the plow great.