1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western plow making my truck bog down?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rjstone4, Mar 7, 2013.

1. rjstone4

rjstone4 Member

I have a 1997 GMC 3/4 truck with western ultra mount truck runs fine when you lifted plow or drop plow right too left it bugs the truck way down? When truck at idle turn plow lift too right its fine only bugs down when your on the gas!?? I replaced motor plowside connector and solenoid I tryed different controller.what you guys think?
  2. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

I'm having a real difficult time trying to understand the exact problem.
  3. rjstone4

rjstone4 Member

Yea mee too ha when the truck is in park I rev truck use the plow truck runs fine when I but truck in reverse or drive rev truck it runs like crap???
  4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Check all your grounds. Where is the power for the controller tapped? Fuse panel? What fuse?
  5. bartman1175

bartman1175 Junior Member

Thats not really making any sense. Is the truck not running right or is the plow not running right ?
  6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

English birdseed. Try again
  7. Truarn

Truarn Junior Member

Take the plows electric motor off and clean all the carbon out of it.
  8. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

You got a lot of carbon scoring here. It looks like you boys have seen a lot of action
  9. rjstone4

rjstone4 Member

Thanks for the info I clean her up twm ill let know what she does
  10. Truarn

Truarn Junior Member

You will probably have to tap the housing of the motor and/or use a screwdriver to remove it. Be careful when removing that the motor housing and armature stay together. Tap and blow out with compressed air and spray some electrical cleaner in it. Do not breath any of the carbon dust.
  11. big john 58

big john 58 Junior Member

i have an older western 7ft and wont go up, kills engine, goes down and angle fine
  12. Truarn

Truarn Junior Member