1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western plow lights

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by striper, Dec 11, 2011.

1. striper

striper Junior Member

I have a wstern plow for my 2002 dodge and when I turn on the lights for the high beams they are fine but when I switch to low beam the plow lights and the truck flash back and forth from truck to plow lights????????

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

what kinda plow is it? uni or ultra?

3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

how many plugs do you have coming out of the grill. 2 or 3?

I am going to guess that it is a 2 plug and if that is the case, you need to find where your relays are (most likley behind the drivers headlight) one of those is bad. Find the one that is fluttering and repalce it.

4. striper

striper Junior Member

western plow light troubles

my truck is a 2002 dodge pu 2500 with western 7.6 ultra with 3 plugs comming out of grill, lights, directionals, and plow I assume.. with a 3 port module 29070 lights flashing from truck to plow lights on low beams, OK on high beams????????? lights work fine on truck when plow is unpluged????

5. Philbilly2

Sampsonite... I was way off.

So it is a 3 plugger. Are the lights fluttering or are they fully changeing over from plow to truck then back again. How fast is the interval?

6. striper

striper Junior Member

they are fully changing over as though they are flashers??????

7. striper

striper Junior Member

yes... when I switch to low beam they flash from truck to plow frame the high beams are fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Philbilly2

do you have another iso modudle to test it against. Sounds like somthing is wrong in the iso mod. Those go bad every now and then

If they make the complete change over, then everything should be wired correctly