1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Plow Issues

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Rescue1, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Rescue1

Rescue1 Junior Member

Hello I'm having issues with my plow and not sure what to do or where to go for help? I have an 8' Western Convent. Plow on a 1988 Chevy Pick-up. When I raise the plow I have to help it up. Once it is up it will stay for a little while but once we start moving the blade starts to drop. I have checked the fluid and check valve. Also I can turn the blade to the left but it will not go right without assistance. I checked a local shop and they do not want to help. Any suggestion?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

maybe your pump is going out. if it wont lift on its own kinda sounding like pump to me
  3. Rescue1

Rescue1 Junior Member

Thank-you for your reply. I did check the pump. everything was find with that. it ended up being as simple as my cable linkage was not were it was suppose to be. once i adjusted that it works great now. Thank-you again though.
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Good,,glad to know it was a simple, not expensive fix. Those are the best kind :)
  5. juspayme

juspayme Senior Member

tughten your packing nut a little
  6. bignyla

bignyla Junior Member

I have a 96 Dodge ram I had an uni mount on ther but a friend of mines old me a few bucks so he gave me an ultra mount plow got the mount on and realize that its a 3 plug system what can I do to convert my truck over to a 3 plug without changing the complete wiring harness which can be really expensive......thanks