1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western plow issues, electrical

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Ranger429, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Ranger429

Ranger429 Member

The truck, 2006 F-350 with a 9' ultramount, 3 port isolation module.

Somewhere I have lost the ground. I have been over the schematics, replaced the control box switch in the cab, replaced the solenoid, had the 3 port isolation module tested and they said it was good. I'm starting to have my doubts as to wether it is really good. I have no ground at the black and orange wire coming out of port A of the isolation module. If I run a jumper wire, from ground at the battery to the black and orange wire at port A everything works as it should. This is the way I have been getting by when I need to plow. I'm at a loss for trying to get this figured out and short of spending another 3 to 400 bucks for a new isolation module and a complete wiring harness I don't know what else to do.
  2. Ranger429

Ranger429 Member

42 views and not a single bit of help.....
  3. Ranger429

Ranger429 Member

Wow, thought for sure someone might have some insight.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Check pin #2 on the truck side of the 11 pin grill connector for ground, should have it. If it doesn't then back track through the blk/orange wire from the plug back to the battery because that's where it terminals thus supply's ground out through the plug, right back in the plug and to the Iso mod. This is what lets the Iso mod knows the plow is attached thus powers up the system. Perhaps it's not connected at the battery or the connection isn't good, or the grill plug is shot etc but a little work with a test light will ratify it rather quickly.
  5. drstiddy

drstiddy Junior Member

not sure if it is the same as the unimount...but my ground messed up from the solenoid relay to the battery. a black and orange wire as well. it would come and go...went go more than come haha...but if you have the same change it. just use a voltmeter on all connections for the ground and see where it leads. best of luck.