1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Plow Isarmatic Mark IIIa

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mtd2000ltd, Feb 21, 2016.

1. mtd2000ltd

mtd2000ltd Junior Member

Have this plow when first installed would not work at all had motor rebuilt and unit raised but will not come down. Was angled left when taken off tried to move back to center and right stated real slow the stopped on't angle left right and won't come down. Motor runs as it should but nothing happens any ideas
    Thanks

2. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

Yes.

Pressure test, filter, fluid, valves, valve body.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Start simple, Ck the fluid.
    Ck the electrical connections. Did you install them back in the correct order?

4. mtd2000ltd

mtd2000ltd Junior Member

I did chek fluids I need to do some pressure tests and see what those are and go from there. It works electrically liek it should this is an old cable model.
    The cable look like there adjust ed properely.

5. dieselss

If it's a cable operated western, you need to adjust your cables. A pressure test is not needed at this time.
    It's out of adjustment.

6. mtd2000ltd

mtd2000ltd Junior Member

I will give that a try and see what happens Thank

7. dieselss

8. mtd2000ltd

mtd2000ltd Junior Member

Partially fixed

Did all the adjustments it goes up and down however will not go right or left motor runs but the plow does not move. i took the hoses off the cylinders and there is plenty of pressure.

9. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Read the complete manuel first. Do you have couplings for the angle pistons? They may need to be replaced.