1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western plow is worth?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by puffer, Dec 9, 2008.

1. puffer

puffer Junior Member

I purchased a Older Western plow (12 yrs old) And it came with Ultramount frame brackets and a Unimount conversion setup for My 04 silverado. Has the correct wire harness and new joy stick.Everything but the plow is 1 year old. The plow has normal rust,but is in very good shape(no leaks,cracks,holes. What would you pay for this? Just seeing if i over/under paid. Thanks.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I guess at this point since you now OWN IT, does it really matter what it might be worth to everyone else?

3. puffer

puffer Junior Member

Oh come on,be nice! Just curious,you spent 30 seconds to type your little note to me and you couldnt atleast slap some sort of price in there?

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

$100.00

You asked for it....

Sorry to be a smart a&& but its a loaded question. I know where your at but i dont know what the used market is like there so its just like anything else, availability = price. I also know where to look for issues on a used plow (surface rust aside) so what you consider in good condition might really be a blade that needs some serious TLC. Were seeing prices anywhere from $1500 to $3500, if your somewhere in the middle feel good about it.

5. panhead9

panhead9 Member
    from NY

Hey if it keeps your driveway clear I'm sure its worth whatever you paid for it. That question though is like asking what do you think a car or mabye an old harley is worth just depends on how many others are around or as now with this what time of year or how bad ya want it. Like crash said if you got it now dont worry what its worth It just dont matter use it and enjoy it. Only time value is an isue is when selling or buying but not in between.

6. puffer

puffer Junior Member

WTF? You guys spend 10 min typing me a love letter when you could have just dropped a ballpark number for me. Ok lets go another route then... Lets say i want to sell my plow,how much should i ask?

7. paynter2

paynter2 Member

A friend bought a 3yo unimount (last year) for $800. It was the 78" model. The plow looked new and works new. It had S!0 mount/harness.

8. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

I just bought a used unimount no truck mount or wiring for 1000, priced used set up 6 months ago for complete set up plow needed painted for 2300.

9. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

$1000 if its rough but functions. $2000 if its nice and works perfectly. just the blade goes for $1000-1600 if nice.

10. V.P.M Jerry

V.P.M Jerry Junior Member

V.p.m. Jerry

It really depends what time of year you sell it in summer mabey 1500 but sell it now mabey 2000 I purchased a 93 chev 3/4 ton with a western uni in perfect shape no rust on truck or plow for 3500.00 and a 99 chev 3/4 with a unimount for 6200.00 and a 98 1 ton with a uni for 6500.00 and a 91 dually one ton with an ultra for 3500.00 guess wich ones I bought before it got cold out.

11. puffer

puffer Junior Member

Ok,thanks for the replys.

12. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

Like anything else it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Two years ago I paid $675 for my 7/2' Unimount off eBay, complete with frame bracket, shoes, controller, all wiring harnesses & relays etc. Good shape too, no holes, and alot of cutting edge left.

Today I see the same plows going for $1500 - $2500 on eBay, most without frame brackets and/or harnesses.