1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Plow - Is this thing useable?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plowbie, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Plowbie

Plowbie Member

So I'm just looking for an inexpensive first plow setup for my '97 F150 to do my driveway and maybe one or two more. Wasn't going to go new but wasn't looking to go this old. But I stumbled into it so I gotta ask...Does this thing have any potential?? Can I buy whatever else is needed for my truck and any idea how much more I'd spend?

Guy has no idea what kind of truck it came off. He bought it for his tractor but it was too big. Everything is peeled/faded off other than I can tell its a Western 7.5ft. He wants $150 for it. Only includes what is shown.

Thanks for any help :confused:

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

By the time you buy everything else you need I think you would be better off getting a complete setup for your truck. A complete plow in that condition would only be worth about 500.00. That would include mount, pump, controls, and lights.......
  3. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

i dont know much about plows. but it looks like it has no pump or mount... so by the time you buy those two things your looking at 400, plus the controler is about another $125. so your better off buying something else that is used instead of that for $150.
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I don't know what a mount would cost for that but I looked into a mount to put on my son's truck for my 7.5' Fisher - $700. And this wouldn't need headgear or controller. I'd have to agree - pass. Besides, you're not showing what the front looks like.
  5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

A mount and pump will cost more than what it's worth. That thing is better off in the scrap yard. Check ebay. There's plows all over on there. :nod:
  6. Plowbie

Plowbie Member

Thanks guys. It was worth asking to be sure.