1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western plow is about to get dropped from a bridge!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by gwitt, Nov 23, 2006.

1. gwitt

gwitt Junior Member

I hooked up my 7' standard unimount plow this year (on my Toy 4-runner) as usual to make sure all is fine and as usual had to add fluid to get it to work... no big deal. Motor would run but had no plow movement. After trying everything I could think of such as removing hoses and plugs to bleed, checking the motor, removing the motor to inspect and rotate the pump. I finally got it to work. I think the pump just needed priming? When the ram went up I realized I had the chain off the plow so I tried to lower it and could not untill I removed the plug at the bottom of the ram to release the pressure. Now when I try to raise it, it turns to the left or right but does not raise! The right and left functions work but the raise and lower does not, it only turns it right and left when I push the raise button. What gives with this thing?:cry:

2. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I had similar problems once with my Meyers, turns out I needed to replace a $24 valve that was sticking- motor would run, nothing happen.

things dont last forever