1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Plow Install?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cabnr9, Dec 12, 2011.

1. cabnr9

cabnr9 Junior Member
    from KCMO

Is anyone interested in or know anyone that would install a plow? I have a 2000 F250 and just purchased a brand new plow. The plow is the Western 8'6 MVP Plus. It includes mount, wiring, light, plow, the whole works install. I need prices and locations. In all honesty, I could do it myself, I just don't want to take the time to do such tedious work. So if you're over priced or charge more than places such as anderson rental, no need to inquire.

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I done a few
    What did you do buy one of the net and skip the dealer

3. Antlerart06

I bought a 9.6 MVP and tell you it was fun mine came on a pallet and I had put it all together Took 6 hrs with 2 guys
    Fix mount are a lot easyer to mount

4. cabnr9

cabnr9 Junior Member
    from KCMO

I bought from a dealer, but Western doesn't recommend the 8'6 on an F250, so the dealer I purchased from won't install. They only recommend the 7'6. There's a 53lb difference in the plows, so I decided to do the load and go option. Not to mention the dealer I bought from wanted $720 to install which is outrageous.

5. Antlerart06

Thats dumb but if I had do for someone else it be that high
    Cant belive they say 8.6 to heavy for a 2000 F250 they built better then these new ones are
    7.6 be to small in V wouldnt plow the tracks out
    My 9.6 is on a F350
    I own a F250 So front end is made the same as my F350 just different leaf springs

6. Antlerart06

Is the blade its self all put together or is it still on a pallet

7. cabnr9

cabnr9 Junior Member
    from KCMO

I'm pretty sure the blade is already together from what I was shown when I bought it. They didn't have the mount in stock so they ordered it and I will pick everything up tomorrow. So I won't be sure exactly what I'm getting until tomorrow.

8. Antlerart06

I say its on a pallet thats how its ship to dealers and that Install fee will include putting together and mounting on the truck

If you was closer to me I would mount it to the truck for 1/3 of there price but if its on the pallet
    It will be same or close to the price they want

9. Antlerart06

So how did the plow come together or on a pallet