1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western plow hitting curbs when pulling in driveways

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by roket77, Nov 5, 2013.

1. roket77

roket77 Junior Member

I have a 2012 Ram 2500 4x4 crew cab with a western ultramount. I had the same plow on my 07 ram 2500 4x4 quad cab. Dodges sit higher than must trucks for the most part but it seems the bottom of A-frame or other part of frame hits the cement on some driveways. Im not talking about high curbs either. I think a different configuration from my 07 is needed. There are a few different ways to have a frame mounted to frame of plow. A western plow guy told me to install spring boosters but i never had to on any other truck i ever plowed with. Does anyone know if the 07 and 12 ram configuration are the same or is there another setting. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you....Mark

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Does the a-frame sit level with the surface?

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

also, whats the height of the plow aframe back by the pivot pins?

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

When you lift the plow how many inches does that Ram drop??
    If everything is set to factory spec then you might want look at the truck.

5. roket77

roket77 Junior Member

Thank you for all the replies. I will check out all suggestions mentioned. Its currently at shop getting the pivot bolt welded(common on these) where both square tubes in rear meet. Thanks for all help. the truck doesnt drop much when plow is lifted. My friends GMC 2500 HD is lower and doesnt have the problem. The plow receivers on truck are lower on the GMC by 2 inches. Thanks again. I greatly appreciate it.