1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western plow harness

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by george 2500, Nov 17, 2008.

1. george 2500

george 2500 Junior Member
    from NJ

i have an 08 chevy 2500 hd. i am installing the western plow and harness that was in my 04 chevy 2500 hd . the headlight harness plugs are different how can I make it work Does western have a kit to make the transfur I have a 4 plug isolation module Can anyone HELP
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You simply need to change the headlight plug in harness's to the correct ones for the H3/H11 style light bulbs that the '08 uses.

Which are Western p/n:

28244 (short plug in harness)
    28242 (long plug in harness)

Also, this is an older previously installed system so double check the p/n on your Iso module to be sure you have either a 28400, a 29420, or the 28027-2 (< not likely) Iso module, as some of the new body style GM's don't take too kindly to some of the older Isolation modules.
  3. justgeorge

justgeorge Senior Member

Are you sure about those part numbers? Maybe I'm reading it wrong but using the "Quickmatch" system on Western's website it is listing those three part numbers as headlight harness part numbers for the 4 port isolation module. The three port isolation module headlight harness part number is 29400-2.

I'm about to do the same install on my '07 2500HD with a plow that was removed from someone else's '03 2500HD.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Those 3 part numbers are the Iso/light adapter kits for the 4 port Iso system. Which is what George specified he had. He can check the kit # and compare it with his current Iso mod to be sure he has the correct one.

The 28244 (short plug in harness) and 28242 (long plug in harness) are the actual light adapters themselves that come in the 4 port kits..