1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western plow going left and right

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kcplowmata, Nov 17, 2007.

1. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

i have a unimount plow on a 91 ford and it wants to go left when i try to angle it right

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

try fliping the control box over :rolleyes:

So what happens when you try to angle left, does angle to the right or does it go left to. (i guess I am asking, are you stuck to the the right right now?)

And, will it lift?

If everything works right except for the one directional angle, try pulling the coils and cleaning the valves. There are three valves that have to be used for the movement of your plow.

Here is the best way I can explain it.

On the drivers side of the plow headgear, on the side of the pump, there is a Valve Manifold Box.
    Take plastic cover off. There are three coils inside there.
    Take the S3 (bottom left) coil and valve out and clean them. (Have a catch pan for any oil the runs out)
    Clean and lube the valve or replace it.

I think the S3 (bottom left) is your problem, I think it is stuck in the (in) postion so every time you push right, the fluid is still going to the left cylinder.

If that doesn't get it try cleaning and lubing S2 (top left)

Clean S1 if you want, but that is only used to lower the plow.

Pump Valve.jpg