1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western plow from GMC to Dodge

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by alaska dave, Nov 26, 2007.

1. alaska dave

alaska dave Junior Member

I recently killed my 1997 GMC K1500. I want to move my 2003 Western LSX 72 plow to a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500SLT. Western says they discontinued the conversion kits for these in 2002. They won't tell me anything else or if the wiring is the same. Hmmm..

I know this is a smaller blade, but I think that will make this truck last longer, can always add width. I am using it only on my own driveway from now on ~600'.

I think I just need a new mount(63883-2), new headlamp harness(29050) and maybe a new isolation module because the Dodge does not have DRL's(29060). If that all works, I will need to modify/fab a new conversion kit (Unimount to ultramount).

Can anyone verify this will work? Thanks much!!

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

It would work but the truck is way to much for that blade and by the time you get everything you need you will have almost the same amount of $$ into buying a new one.

3. alaska dave

alaska dave Junior Member

Do you think it's more expensive? I see a new plow with shipping to rural alaska at a quick $5k. We tend to work with what we already have here. And, I really think it's the heavy plows killing truck faster. The big plows and Vplows weigh in at up to 950lbs. and this 4" shorter blade with thinner steel is 500lbs. I just got away from independent front suspension because that's a sure loose situation eventually. I have plowed commercially but my wife made me quit, and I swear to only hit my own driveway... But I want a good long term setup. Thanks for your info.