1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western plow dealers in michigan

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by CENLO, Aug 24, 2009.

1. CENLO

CENLO Member

Can anyone recommend a place in Michigan that has good pricing on installed plows. I am looking at a 7'-6" poly pro for a 2010 F150. I realize it is oversized but I have never had a problem with them. IMO it is only hard on the vehicle if it is boucing during travel between jobs!

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Cant find one in Canada EH?

3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I would reccommend Jim @ Bostick in Pontiac,Mi. Tell him John sent ya.

4. CENLO

CENLO Member

Thanks for the info

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Where in MI.
    You could go to Tim Wallace Snowplow Supply. I have bought from them before. They are NW of Chicago.

6. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

call kevin at arista truck systems in grand rapids. 1 616 530 6000. he will work with you on best pricing.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You need to find a dealer that will circumvent the fed statues. FVMSSA 105 brake cert. only allows a 7'6" HT on that truck.

8. Keep your options open you could always call Rob at Walker Equipment in Markham Ontario, would save you a trip cross border - 905-294-8333

9. CENLO

CENLO Member

In 2004 I bought the 9'-6" Vee from Walker Equipment....I paid over $9000.00. They are 7 hours away! I could drive to Detroit in 5.5.

10. CENLO

CENLO Member

I have a letter from the dealer saying they will honor the warranty if I install the 7'-6" western pro-poly.

11. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Take a vacation to the nations capital and come see us ussmileyflag

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

ROFLMAO,:nono: not worth the paper it's printed on, they can not rewrite the law. I'm not saying you can't do it but If you have major failure don't expect that paper to mean a thing to GM corporate regardless of what the salesman tells you. Does the truck have snowplow prep?

13. CENLO

CENLO Member

If a dealer agrees to lease you a truck and include a commercial plow in the lease....and then sign paperwork to say they will honor the warranty.....I think it WOULD mean alot!

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

As long as the dealer will cover the cost. GM (and your dealer) legally can not, it would be in contradiction of federal statue. If the dealer/GM won't honor it, what will you do? You can not circumvent the law. In effect it is an illegal contract and the courts will not enforce a illegal contract. If they do and the truck is in the shop for 3 weeks during snow season what are you going to do?

There isn't a piece of paper in the world that will increase the trucks capacities.