1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Plow Coupling

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by SBrav77, Dec 8, 2005.

1. SBrav77

SBrav77 Junior Member

Hello. I'm a pretty new person to snow plowing. I purchased a 1986 F150 4x4 with the straight 6, stick shift and the granny gear and 7.5 foot Western cable drawn plow. Got it for a good deal and couldn't pass it up. Anyway here's the problem. Last year when I was removing the blade for the season, I made a dumb rookie mistake. I forgot to unhook the hydralic cables when I backed the truck up to remove the plow. One of the couplings on the hydralic unit itself appeared to be pulled out and I can't find it. It's the part that the quick disconnect hose plugs into. Is it possible that it snapped off inside or is it more likely that it was just ripped out and I only need to replace the piece. I can look inside and see threads. That's what leads me to believe that it was just ripped out. Like I said, I'm only a rookie starting off and would appreciate any help that the pro's can give me.