1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Plow Conventional Suction Filter

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Plumberdude3, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Plumberdude3

Plumberdude3 Junior Member

Hello-I'm new to this site and has a lot of good info. I recently got a Western Conventional plow. I bought a new suction filter for it and when I pulled the pump the installed filter is threaded into the pump block. Do they make an adapter for the new style push on filter or where can I purchase the threaded style. Thanks.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try reposting this in the western thread.
    Fyi I have never known them to have screw on filters
  3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

the thread in filter is a steel mesh. i had one on a pump in an old conventional unit. years ago i bought the last one on the shelf at a local plow dealer to keep as a spare. they said it was sitting there for years. i still have it somewhere with my plow parts. the pump you are running is pre-1990 for sure. i doubt it can be modified to accept the newer push-on style filter. you may be better off just buying a fresh newer unimount style pump. it will fit in your conventional housing, but you may need to swap out the plow motor too if you have the older style motor.

i can take a look to see if i can find that thread in filter i picked up. if so you can have it for a few bucks plus shipping.