1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Plow control problems

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CHINOOK SNOWMAN, Jan 10, 2005.

1. CHINOOK SNOWMAN

CHINOOK SNOWMAN Junior Member

I have an older western vee plow and have started having problems with the hand held controller. It switches mode on me when ever I press on the the vee buttons, up and down buttons work fine. The problem is intermittent and it might be better when the plow is completely warmed up. It has been very cold here -25C to -30C and cycling the plow brings the voltage right down because the fluid is quite thick. I have a theory that the drop in voltage is screwing up the logic board in the controller(or whatever that little electronic board in the controller is). Never had this problem before, makes it tough to plow when you can't control the plow. Might put in a new battery in the truck, but I thought I would ask for opinions before I throw money at the problem.