1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western plow bracket

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 97-RIV, Nov 14, 2008.

1. 97-RIV

97-RIV Junior Member

Good Day tymusic
    Brand new to the site and plowing.Bought a 1995 western 7'-6" 7 rib plow and was going to put it on my 2002 F150 Lariat but need 2 different pieces uni-mount and adapter about $800.00 plus installation and good old tax,(apparently ford does not recommend putting plows on 1997 and up F150's anyway) so am looking at purchaceing a 1990 F150 4X4 and using the bracket that came off a 1992 Dodge and getting my welder friend to put the bracket on the Ford. My question is how high should the centre of the main pin holes be off the ground when installed?
    I'm thinking 8" but would like to know for sure.
    Thank You.
    Mike

2. wls

wls Senior Member

On a dodge, 1994, believe its 9.5-10.5 or so. Hope this helps

3. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

I believe Western recommends that the center of all the coupling holes should be "at least 9.5-10.5 inches". I think it is so you can use the center stand.....but I'm prolly all wrong anyways.:alien:

4. 97-RIV

97-RIV Junior Member

Thanks for the Info

Seems 9.5'-10.5' is the magic # thanks for the info as my welder can now get started on the bracket welding it to the truck.
    Thanks Again!:salute:

5. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

I believe the 9.5 to 10.5 inches is so that when the blade is on the pavement, the A-frame/quadrant is level. This allows you to angle the blade without one end trying to raise up. If the the A-frame/quadrant is too high or low where it pivots on the spreader, you will see that the edge won't remain level when you angle it. Go to Western's site, to the publications library, and get the installation instructions for your model of plow. You can download and print it.

6. 97-RIV

97-RIV Junior Member

Publications for Western

Thanks for the info,really helped!:)