1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western plow blade

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by TheEquineFencer, Jan 12, 2012.

1. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

I bought a Western plow I was planning to aquire the rest of the parts to mount onto another truck and never got around to it. It's the road end of it, no mounts or controls and looks like it was used very little. $600 firm, that's what I paid for it. It's probably worth that for parts. I had a tornado come through and need the cash to finish putting my shop back together. Located in Eastern, NC. 919-810-1965 Floyd.
    pics link below
    http://s642.photobucket.com/albums/uu145/TheEquineFencer/Snow Stuff/

2. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

I'm in Cleveland Ohio...............

3. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

I wish you were closer I would buy it in a heart beat

4. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

I'll talk to the guys that shoe my horses and see when they are going back up that way hunting, they might be willing to take it to you.

5. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

Check out UShip, I think you can set your own price and see if you can get one of those guys to take it as a back haul. Like they do on TV.

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I too would if it were closer. If you'd consider parting it out, I'd be interested in the complete power unit.

7. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

That's still a chunk of iron to ship, what would that weigh/cost? The rest I'd only get about $20 for scrap I'm sure.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

It would probably cost $50-60 to ship. Although I really don't want to pay $580 for it LOL

9. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

$580 I thought it was $600 to start with? How much is a new or rebuilt one? Tell you what Buy it and pay for the shipping and I'll sell the rest for scrap and send you what I get for the scrap? Or I can let it lay around here until either my better 1/2 says it's gota go, then send the scrap $$$ to you. See if you can find someone on here coming or going your way working and get the whole thing.

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Hahahaha that's what I meant. $600 minus $20 for scrap LOL.

11. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

There's something wrong with your math, that would put me paying the shipping, that's not going to happen. $600+ $80 shipping - $20 scrap = $660.00 How much is a new one?

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I meant plus shipping. It's not going to happen anyway. I'd give a couple hundred for it. I'd buy the whole thing if it were closer. GLWS

13. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

OK, I'll drag it to the road for ya, is that close enough? LOL Have a good day.

14. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

I just talked to the guy that shoes my horses, he's going to be going to I think Cambrdge Ohio next week. Are any of you still interested in my Western Blade? If so I'll hook you up with him and you can work out the shipping. I know he's going into Western NC on the way up here. He said he was going near 70 &77 in OhioI think.

15. randomb0b123

from america

Me!!! Thats about an hr from me, if it wouldn't cost me alot over600 I'm very interested

16. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

I'll give him a call or may have him give you a call. E-mail me a message with your number and I'll get the two of you hooked up. What do you think would be a resonable price for getting it that close to you?

17. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

Still availible. I talked to my horse guys last night, they didn't go up yet because of the weather. they may be going in the next week or so. I had one guy that was interested in it but the more I talked to him the more he sounded like he wanted me to haul it all the way up there to see if he wanted it without anything for hauling in advance. I'm trying to get it sent that way for $100-$200, if that sounds reasonable.

18. randomb0b123

from america

I told you I'd send you money to transport it but not all of it.

19. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

I'll see them this Tuesday and see when they are going and let you know.

20. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

I think what may have thrown me was when you started talking about not feeling comfortable about sending money, wanting to pay for it in person and then talking about wanting to hook it up and running it. Sorry for the misunderstanding. As soon as i can get it worked out with them I'll let you know.