1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western plow around 95

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sax city, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Sax city

Sax city Junior Member
    from Ct, USA

Bawt used plow for tacoma. Wired it up but lite on joystick won't lite wen i turn switch on. There's power to joystick for sure. Bad joy stick? Please help thanx sax city

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Did you have the plow on the truck? Some require the plow to be connected before control will turn on. Without more info it hard to know if you have this type of setup.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What kinda plow?

4. Sax city

Sax city Junior Member
    from Ct, USA

Ty for tryin to help, I had wire from solenoid on pos not neg. now of course a new problem. Its a western plow round 95, 6'6". Plow only goes right won't raise and it goes right no matter what direction i push joystick. Either a bad connection or solenoid cartridge i think

5. Sax city

Sax city Junior Member
    from Ct, USA

I'm sorry, I'm bran new to plows. It is a unimount type.

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Check for power at s3 coil. Lt blue wire.

7. Sax city

Sax city Junior Member
    from Ct, USA

Thanks for trying to help. I'm giving up and bringing it to a shop. Winter will b over b4 I get this thing working