1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western plow advice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by melver78, Dec 3, 2013.

1. melver78

melver78 Junior Member

I have a friend that ist selling a 7.5 unimount western plow... but its just the plow and controller,,, so l have to buy the mount and wiring harness separate,, so doen anybody can tell me how much it will cost wiring harness. Mount and installation cost???? I will appreciate any advice thanks,,

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

A grand or so

3. poopdeckpappy

poopdeckpappy Member
    from KC,KS

If he was really a friend, he wouldn't sell you a plow without truckside harness and mount!? If your not mechanically inclined, and aren't good at troubleshooting electric over hydraulic systems. You should probably decline your friends plow and look at something newer with no current maintenance issues.

4. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Well they don't make the unimount anymore so it could be hard to find one. They usually go for about $500 give or take and the wiring is around $250. Search westernsnowplows.com or call a local western dealer.

5. 1985gt

1985gt Junior Member
    from USA

Depends on the truck.

We were going to swap our 7.5 uni mount from a 75 chevy to a 99 chevy. Total cost would be about 1800 in parts plus our labor, or 2000+ for a shop to do it.

Needless to say we will be having a new Boss superduty installed in a week or so. Couldn't justify the 2000.00 too swap an 10 year old or so blade to a different truck.

6. poopdeckpappy

poopdeckpappy Member
    from KC,KS

good job!!!!

7. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Not a big deal they make ultra to uni mount adaptors