1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western pivot pins location?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Showmestaterida, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Reconfigurating western ultra mount plow. Configurating for the 1 setup. Are the pivot pins in the right location? They say the pivot pins must be positioned with the notches in the pins facing up? The seem to be pointing more downward. I had too switch the brackets from one side to the other side for the 1 setup but didn't switch the pivot pins. Do they need to be switched as well?

Pivot pins 1.jpg

pivot pins 2.jpg

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

It's a little hard to tell from the pics which side of the plate is up, looks to be the beveled side. If that's the case, then yes... you're in configuration #1. Each pivot pin will only go on one side... you've got them right.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  3. Showmestaterida

Yes ,its the beveled side, or rounded for the tube. Put everything back together, gained the clearance I needed but when I go to raise the plow about 4' of the ground, the a frame hits the lower lift frame. I thought it was always tight there but now it hits the tube and the plow wont go any higher. Is something wrong? suggestions?

Tube rubbing.jpg

tube rubbing 2.jpg

pivot pin 3.jpg

4. cubicinches

Remove the stacking stop.. the piece that's contacting the round tube on the lower lift frame. You don't need it in configuration one. Just two bolts holding it on

5. Showmestaterida

Looked at that but couldnt find anything in directions about it. Great, removing as we speak. No need for stacking stop ?

6. cubicinches

7. Showmestaterida

Thanks alot! Works like it always has except I have 6" of clearance instead of the 2" I had.