1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pivot Pin/Bar Ultramount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 97f250Heavyduty, Mar 13, 2013.

1. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

Hey guys, decided to fix up one of my ultramount plows. Has the common problem of the pivot bar needing to be replaced. The side pivot pins are fine but the center bushing where the pivot bolt goes threw is no longer and broke off the bar. Does anyone know what the size of the bolt western uses for the center pivot bolt? Also has anyone welded in a "new bushing" into the pivot bar and A frame?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I think its 7/8's

3. RedsGarage25

RedsGarage25 Sponsor

The center pivot bolt is 1x7", Western part # 67855. You may be able to find one in a hardware store.

4. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Yes I have welded several. Get some one inch bushing stock. Bolt the bushing on the pivot bar with it attached to the a frame and tack the bushing to the pivot bar. Take it a part and weld it up. I weld both sides and grind the inside of it flush were it meets the aframe. I also take the time to weld both sides of the bushing on the aframe as well.

5. 97f250Heavyduty

Thank you for the information guys. Tony, any chance you have any pictures from when you welded it up?

6. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Sorry I don't have any pics.

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

while your in there,,,,install zerks in the piviot bar as well.....just my .02

8. 97f250Heavyduty

Already planned on drilling and tapping for zerks to grease the pins and the main bolt. ;)