1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western PC Boards

Discussion in 'Universal PlowControls' started by Gary Alford, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Gary Alford

Gary Alford Junior Member
    from Mi.

Wouldn't it be nice if western offered a exchange program on these, I have four 2003 trucks and had to replace all four #56472 boards in the last year.

2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Pretty common problem, Gary. Biggest thing we find is guys will get out and put salt in their spreader, and then touch their controller. Some are not to pretty when you open them up. I think the heat from blower vents hitting them sometines obviously does'nt help either!!

3. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

put a baggy over it....:)

4. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

I'm new on here so bear with me. If you can, send me a picture or link to one of these PC Boards, I may be able to help. I'm pretty good at repairing PC Boards and such. I may be able to fix what you have or know a place that does repairs like you need. What is the cost of the new ones? Floyd.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  5. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

I have two of these controllers. One controller failed so I had to replace the pad and circuit board. It comes as a rebuild kit. Bought it for $168 at a local Western Dealer. I do need my spare done also. I think the carbon pads on the pad and board are worn out. Definately, was the case on the other controller. IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

6. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

Flip it over and let me see the back side. I've started a new job doing swing shift so times in short supply right now. Send me some more pics like the one's posted direct, high res if possible and I'll look at it and see if I can find some replacement parts. I like a challenge.
    TheEquineFencer(AT)AOL.com