1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western parts sources?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MattR, Jan 30, 2009.

1. MattR

MattR Senior Member

Hi,

I checked Western's website for nearby dealers and closest one was about 55 miles away. So instead of waiting to break down, where else can I get decent prices on replacement parts. I do not need anything immediately, yet would like to order some spare parts to have in stock when I need them. I already checked out angelos web store and it seems like they were click happy when adding inventory since most is entered multiple times when searching for stuff. I also see the Central Parts Warehouse link at the top of the page. I was at Fleet Farm and noticed they had a small section of aftermarket parts so figured there might be other places as well. Where else does everybody shop? I know I am not asking too much, but would like decent prices, fast shipping, and great customer service. Also any sources for used parts would be helpfull as well. Locally is always the best, yet will shop online with a reputable company.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Regional In addison, IL look it up on google..call them on any part you need and they will ship it to you.

3. MattR

MattR Senior Member

Added that to my list. Still looking for more, especially if they may stock the older plow parts.

Also forgot to originally add in first post...
    What parts does everybody suggest to keep on hand? and quantity of each part?
    I know Murphy's Law will happen, the part I do not have on hand will be the first one to break..lol.

Matt

4. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

Hoses. plow pins, and plenty of fluid.

5. MattR

MattR Senior Member

That sounds like an easy enough of a parts list to keep in stock.

Thank you for the guidance everybody.

Matt

6. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

springs, headlights bulbs, cutting edge bolts, fuses and wiring depending on the truck and plow combo.