1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western parts dealer in/near west suburbs of MSP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by monson770, Feb 16, 2011.

1. monson770

monson770 Senior Member

i've been going to aspen equiptment, but not only are they 45 min drive but they have given me wrong parts on several occasions, and also never seem to answer the phone when i call the parts dept. not a big deal if they were closer.. but to drive 45 min and find out they dont have my part in stock or to recieve the wron part is f'd up IMO...

anyone know of any other western parts dealers around here?? i live about 30 minutes west of minneapolis.
  2. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Smittys in maple grove is one people talk highly of. I have had bad luck in the north metro, nobody has parts but can get them next day. The distributor/dealer and subdealer model really is a poor pick of the plow industry. The subs commit to selling plows but don't commit to a parts inventory. Boss/snowdogg is the same way but have a sub dealer that is good on having parts (he gets it). Sno way is having a true distributorship in pace and a dealer network. Just going to take time to build up dealers in the tc.
  3. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Smith is the one I used. I heard crow river rentals has parts as does Hwy 55 Rental. They carry basic pins for the most part.
  4. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

Is Cindy still up at Smith Winter? What color is her hair these days? Perrys Auto in Long Lake is a Western dealer, and has an assortment of parts.
  5. dcwn.45

dcwn.45 Member

Check out Snowplows Plus in Buffalo