1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western paint or like it?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cpsnowremoval, Nov 2, 2009.

1. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

I going to repaint my blade and i was wondering if people use a diffrent color thats close to the western color. I was thinking on using ford red if the western spray paint is too expensivepayup pics would b good too

2. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

What you dont want to pay $31 a quart for the real thing? :)

3. cpsnowremoval

i dont really have a spray gun

4. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

rustoleum has a color that matches almost perfectly. It's called gloss sunrise red

5. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Yup......what he said!! Just painted mine with that color......turned out nice!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

Western sells it in a rattle can too........ $13 a can! Go with the rustoleum!

7. cpsnowremoval

wow that looks great. thanks for the info
    the blade is a meyers blade and the pump is a western so idk if i should paint the blade red or yellow. I just dont want to have the pump red and the blade yellow. might paint the pump black blade yellow know i have to find a meyers color lol

8. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Paint it any color you want. I have one that I'm painting silver right now...

9. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Dang, that looks really good. On my 2000 Pro Plow I think that was the same color that I used. I took about a good 1/2 day, sanded it down with a D/A sander, primed the bare metal spots and then gave it a good couple of coats.

Looked like brand new and held up really well.

10. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I used alot of hardner on it as well. If you want to see pictures of my plow through the whole progress, you can check it out here..(lots of pics)........http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=84379

11. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

cough cough... go red or go home.

12. just me

just me Member

Curious what shade of Silver and brand of paint you used. I want to paint mine GM Silver Birch, or close, to match my truck.