1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western or meyers ??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by baddboygeorge, Oct 31, 2005.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

i am setting up a new truck an which is more dependable in the long haul. please let me know its going on a 95 3500 dodge dually 4x4 thanks george
  2. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

go with the western .Meyer has redone thier setup and it doesnt really have a proven track record yet.
  3. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

84 diesel thanks for the response whats the best plow set up for the money an quality
  4. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

the ultra mount with a pro plus blade is my choice as we have had them for 2 seasons and have nothing but good luck with them.Of coarse these are my 2cents worth but we have used western ,meyer,flink,and boss and the all get fliud and filter changes at the begining of the season and the meyer by far had the most and costliest repairs .Motors valves and of course lift frames and truck mounts.western and flink were the most trouble free .The flink I would recomend for bigger trucks (over 1 1/2 tons)
  5. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

go with the western, for sure!!! for the extra $200 or so the headaches you'll have with a myers, isn't worth saving $200. western's quality is a lot better!!! goodluck, pete
  6. Runner

Runner Senior Member

It's real decieving - because of the popularity of Meyer plows, but this is just because of their marketing and sales branch numbers. The Western is by far a better built plow. I have worked on too many of several different kinds of plows, and I can tell you that the Westerns have it over the Meyer brand by far. It all depends on if you want to go out and move the snow, or just go out and play in it.
  7. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

I hope you're wrong about Meyer and right about Talpirid.

8. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Western, no doubt about it! Pro Series if you do commercial work... payup

JKOOPERS Senior Member

one good thing about meyers is that they are easy to work on
  10. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Western, no contest.
    Youd better hope Meyers are easy to work on because thats what you will find yourself doing most of the time.
  11. M-Pact Snow

M-Pact Snow Junior Member

western for sure, or you may want to check out curtis or blizzard