1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western or Meyer?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by bigfatricky, Dec 26, 2010.

1. bigfatricky

bigfatricky Junior Member
    from WI

Howdy all,

Just got a plow rig from my boss, but need a little help with identification. Can anyone direct me to a place that has pictures of pumps? I'm not seeing any identification on the pump and would like to know what I have. Boss-man said it is a mix of Western/Meyer.

I am also wanting to find setup and maintenance directions--a service manual of some sort. Controls are not working like they should and I would like to learn how to adjust the cables properly.

Thank you in advance!!
  2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Can you post some pics of what you've got?
  3. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Does it look any thing like this pump??

4. bigfatricky

bigfatricky Junior Member
    from WI

Can't post pictures, but my question has been answered by fordsuvparts--THANK YOU!!

Pump does look like the Western you pictured, so now I know where to start.

Thanks folks!
  5. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

It could be a Western pump on a Myers frame or plow, they will pretty well interchange, just the two mount bolts for the pump are a bit larger on the Western.