1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western or Hiniker

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Sawboy, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Gentlemen, after deciding to go with a Western 8' Pro on my 2003 Excursion I am now torn. I see that I can get a Hiniker 8' for around $400 cheaper. This is the Hiniker with the straight blade. Not the fold over type.

I had a Western for 7 years on my old F150 and it performed flawlessly. This is why I was going to go with the Western again. But..........I am an avowed cheapa$$ and $400 is not chump change. Hell, that will fill even my tank THREE times! :eek: Service is available for Western everywhere near me, and there are 3 Hinkier servicers within 1.5 hours of me.

So my question to you guys is simple: Western or Hiniker.

Please keep the responses to personal experiences or knowledge with either. Not "my freinds uncles parakeet had a hamster whose grandmother ....."

Thanks guys,

Bob

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

One last thing. I will be installing the plow myself.

3. BDB

BDB Senior Member

Look at service and part availability! You can make-up $400 if the parts & service is better. How much gas are you going to use if you have to get Hiniker parts??? 1.5hr drive = 3hr total = one tank of gas!payup If you are used to the Western stick with them. I have not installed a Hiniker yet. So I can not help you there...1 western conventional (cable operated), 4 unimount, 4 ultramount and a Blizzard. The Bliz was by far the easiest to install. I have beat the crap out of my 8.5 pro plus and haven't broken anything yet! And the Excursion is a nice rig the ultramount will look better in the off season!:cool: My answer...:salute: Western