1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western or fisher spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bigearl, Jan 4, 2008.

1. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Does anyone have a Proflo 2 or a speed caster2 ? How do they work and do they spread bulk salt? The salt I have this year is kind of wet and was wondering if either of those spreaders would solve the problem of getting out of the truck 100 time to shake the spreader ( BUYERS ) Thanks
    Big Earl

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, They work Great....The company i work for has a few of them an d they load wet 50/50 mix of sand and treated rock salt...thats what that spreader is made for.

3. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

salt is about the easiest to spread.I have a Western Pro-Flo 2 and this is my first winter running it. I can tell you that it is outstanding. It's ability to spread sand even wet sand is very good.If you're thinking of getting a tailgate spreader then i would have to say get a 2 stage unit. i don't care what name brand but really, the 2 stage is the way to go...

4. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

This Is My First Year With A Pro Flow 2 Its The Best I Ever Used Looking To Get Another One To Replace The Other Snowex

5. boso_36

boso_36 Junior Member

they are good

i am running a speedcaster 2 and its working great. can spread anything you want. i even tried small gravel the other day.worked excellent...just found a pro flo 2 as another for my other truck...

6. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Go for the Speedcaster 2. Same exact as the Pro-Flo 2 but for some reason one can normally get a better deal on a yellow unit as opposed to a red unit!:rolleyes: