1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Or Boss V Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BIGGB9, Jun 10, 2004.

1. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

I have always had good luck with western straight blades I bought a 2004 F 350 super cab and I want to go with a v plow, I am starting to see a lot of boss v plows in my area what one will hold up better.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I would say that really depends on operator maintenance. From what I've seen, Western and Boss are both good plows. I don't use either, I know people who have each and I've seen each after a few years of wear, so I think I'm pretty unbiased.

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

get a western v plow you should go to the western site its all redesined

4. snoking

snoking Senior Member

Biggb9....

im in Michigan, and my partner and I are very critcal of what we buy as far as equipment. we have 35 plow truck(pick-ups) alone my suggestion is to find a dealer that carries both plows and look at the side to side.....the western V has tripegde and the boss id traditionl trip, so it preference there......i would look at the center section or hing area. the western is nowhere as stout as the Boss, also Boss has no chaines, and the most reliable electric hydrolics you can get on a plow......last winter i hit a car doing about 45-50 mph.....the passanger side wing is trashed but the hinge is still perfect, thats tough......my opinion only although i do have 8 years running Boss...and others currently have 5 9-2's

you wont be dissapointed....

5. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

I ran westerns with outstanding service also,but i wanted a v-plow this time around and the biggist thing that i did not like about the western was the hand held controler.and the boss is the only one I know of with a joy stick.my dealer sells both western,fisher,snow way and boss.they say once you have a boss nothing else will do!!! try it you will like it.

6. snoking

snoking Senior Member

if you like weastern.....then buy that plow, and then just wire the boss joystick inside, real easy

something im going to do is post some pictures of some custom stuff we do.....dont settle for one thing...use what you want and like