1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western or boss for 2006 chev

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dennykk, Oct 6, 2008.

1. dennykk

dennykk Junior Member

I just got a 2006 chev ck1500 with an entended cab. It has the z71 package. My question is which is a better plow to fit this truck a Western or a Boss. I don't do any off roading and just plow a few homes out. I would like to keep as much of the cowling under the fromt bumper as possible. Would like some opinions. Thanks

2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Either one will work, and you should not have to cut any of the cowling. The western ultra-mount will give you a bit more clearance in the summer with the receiver brackets removed. Other than that is is just a personal choice on brand name. You will get opinions on both, but it all boils down to what brand YOU prefer.

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I prefer Boss but both will work. Go with whichever dealer is closer an dgives you better support and service.